The Association Secretary presented the League Trophy & Plaques to the following:-
League Winners - Letchworth Garden City BC & Runners-up Plaque was presented to St.Ippollitts BC at their presentation evening.Knockout Winners - St.Ippollitts BC (presented at their presentation evening) & Runners-up Plaque was presented to Knebworth BC.
Proposed by T. Sinclair (Letchworth GC B.C.), Seconded by: M. Martin (Three Horseshoes BC). The VOTE was Carried Unanimously
- a) Overall League winners Letchworth Garden City BC with 84 points, Runners-up St.Ippollitts BC with 83 points
Third place Riverain BC with 74 Points
- b) St.Ippollitts BC retained the Knockout Competition Shield by 72 shots to 60 shots against Knebworth BC.
The Knockout Final was played 2 rinks home & 2 rinks away this year
- c) Accounts for 2021 were accepted as presented by the Association Secretary.
Proposed by: P. Wilkinson (Aston B.C.),Seconded by: P. Veale (Knebworth B.C).The VOTE was Carried Unanimously
d) Email from Willian BC 20th October 2021 Hi Mike, I am sorry to have to tell you that following our AGM members voted to withdraw from the Stevenage Mixed Bowls League for the foreseeable future. The decision was taken as a result of our much reduced membership making it extremely unlikely that we would be in a position to fulfil our fixtures. We will continue as a club for the time being in the hope that our situation will improve but will not play any matches, including friendlies, against other clubs. We have enjoyed being members of the SML and would like to thank you for all your hard work in organising the league for so many years. We send our best wishes for the future. Kind regards, David Pollard - Willian Bowls Club
- e) Baldock Town request to join the Mixed League: Email from Matt Hayzelden Hon. Sec. Baldock Town Bowls Club. MP League Secretary said that all the necessary fixtures are in place to allow Baldock Town to join the league for 2022. The VOTE was Carried Unanimously
- f) For the 2022 season, all clubs should use the website to send all your 2022 match results via email. The website will continue to be the main way of supplying the most up to date information on the League & Knockout competition.
- g) If any clubs have photographs of their clubs with bowls in action, please send to me as they can be used on the website.
h) I would like to thank Anna Gilbert for arranging the use of Holwell BC club house for this AGM club house.
it was Proposed by: Mike Parsons (Association Secretary) that the fees for the 2022 season should be £14 per club.
Seconded by P. Sinclair (Letchworth B.C) The VOTE was Carried Unanimously
- a) It was agreed after a lengthy discussion that the League would change its format from 3 rinks of Triples to 3 Rinks of Fours. This would increase the number of players who can play in each game, but maintaining the status quo to enable all mixed rinks, due to some clubs with minimal ladies availabilities, as well as to help bring on new players which makes that difficult when playing triples. Plus all matches will be 18 endsThe VOTE was taken in favour of changing the league format to 3 Rinks of Fours – Vote: 14 for & 4 against
Mixed League Rule 1 change
All games to be based on Three rinks of 4 players (Fours).
Clubs can mutuality agree, to play their league matches as 4 Rinks of Triples, Ideally at would be agreed between each club at the start of the season
- b) The meeting also agreed to reduce the rink Forfeit for NOT playing Mixed Rinks in Mixed League & Knockout Competition from a minimum of 4 shots reduction to a minimum of 3 shots reduction. Vote: 16 for & 2 against
Mixed League Rule 7 change
There must be a minimum of 3 ladies/3 men playing in a match for each club and there must be at least one lady/one man on each of the three rinks in a league match. If at any time mixed rinks cannot be played, those rinks will forfeit 20% of their score. A minimum of 3 shots is to be deducted. *
Knockout Rule 1 change
Four rinks of Triples from each club will take part in each round, but need not be registered as a team. One lady/man member at least, must be included in each of the four rinks. If at any time mixed triples cannot be played, those rinks will forfeit 20% of their score. A minimum of 3 shots is to be deducted. *
- c) It was also agree that all weekend league matches for 2022 would return to being played in whites. The weekday matches would continue being played in greys. The VOTE was Carried Unanimously
- d) The secretary asked all clubs to let him know as soon as they can, as to what there catering arrangements will be for the 2022 season. Plus can you also supply a copy your league fixtures for the 2022 as soon as you can before the season starts.
- e) Tony Sinclair thanked Mike Parsons Secretary for all the work he has put into the S&DMBA over the last few years. MP said, He was happy to continue running the league and he hoped that all clubs can continue playing in the Mixed Bowls League & Knockout for many years to come. I sincerely hoped that by adding my own club to the league line up it would help make mixed bowls stronger in the local area and he can once more play himself as he had not play since 2008 when Dixonian’s closed it doors.
There being no further business the Secretary thanked all who attend in closed the meeting at 9.40pm
1. Apologies for absence.2. Presentation of the Trophy’s to the 2021 Winners & Runners-up.3. Minutes of the Email Votes in 2020 and last Zoom/General Meeting held on the 15thApril 20214. Matters arising from Email Votes in 2020 and the last Zoom/ General Meeting.
5. Matters arising from the 2021 League Season.a) Secretaries Report. b) Accounts for 2021 season. c) League future for 2022 season and beyond.
6. Affiliation/Entrance Fee to the Mixed League & Knockout Competition for the 2022.
It is proposed that the Membership fee should remain at £14 per club for the 2022 season.
7. Knockout Competition Draw for the 2022 season.
8. Any other business.
Good luck to both clubs in the final on the 11th August. See results table Click here!.
Have a great season! and Be Safe!
(Aston, Datchworth, Howard Garden, Knebworth, Letchworth GC, Riverain, Stevenage Town, St.Ippollittes, Three Horseshoes.)
- MP proposed that for the 2021 season Only, all Mixed League Matches are played as 3 Triples for all of the Home and Away fixtures. Having checked that all clubs are able to configure their greens as 3 socially distant rinks for each match in line with Bowls England Guidlines. The Vote was Carried Unanimously.
- League Match points to stay as current rules: 3 points for overall shots Win and 1 point for each Winning Rink. The Vote was Carried Unanimously.
- It has also been suggested that all league matches should be played in Greys until 21st June, to minimize the need for using changing rooms, when clubs should be allowed to ease all restrictions. Also when using toilets in the club houses face masks should be worn. The Vote was Carried Unanimously.
- The only real thing that could cause clubs a problem is catering. So for all early season matches, catering to be suspended until after 21st June, when clubs should be allowed to ease all restrictions. All players should take with them, their own refreshments for matches until that date. The Vote was Carried Unanimously.
- The Knockout Competition to be played this year as normal using last year’s draw, removing Willian BC from the Prelim Round and putting Letchworth GC BC through to the first round. Click here to see Draw
The Vote was Carried Unanimously.
- Association Fee for 2021 was proposed by MP to be £14 for each club, inline with last years vote to cover Website Hosting/Domain, Engraving, Winner & Runner-up Plaques.
Tommy Phipps from Aston BC offered to pay £150 to cover the mixed league expenses for the 2021 season.
May I take this opportunity to thank Tommy on behalf of all league clubs for his generosity!
- MP suggested members playing in league matches should being with them umbrellas to cover any in clement weather during matches as under the current rules you should not use clubhouses expect for changing & toilets until the rules next change. All those present Agreed.
- Click here to view our latest ‘Return to Play’ guidance
- Click here to view our ‘Covid-19 Risk Assessment’ for clubs
- Assocation Clubs are remineded that In the Knockout Compatition, they are required to contact their next opponents when they have won a round, (you should be able to work out who they are from the draw sheet) or if you are unsure contact the Association Secretary. This will ensure that all clubs are given plenty of time to arrange a mutually agreeable playing date. Clubs should not be leaving it to the last week to arrange these fixtures.
- Could all clubs please ensure that they pay there Affiliation fees to the associations secretary at the AGM.Also all clubs need to provided him with a copy of your fixtures list before start of the season.
- Can we ask you all to check your clubs details on the website and if there are any details that need correcting please let the associations secretary know.
Please don’t forget the association uses this website to post for all news and results for the Mixed Bowls League and Knockout Competition.
Match results & league tables will be updated and posted on the website daily depending on when emailed results are received.
We can also post any association club news.
- Could all clubs make sure that all League & Knockout Results are emailed to the Associations Secretary via the Websites Send Match Result page.
I hope you will all have a safe and healthy Christmas and New Year.
I trust all your members are well and you have all be able to get out on your greens in the good weather we have had.
Could all clubs confirm this would be acceptable, as this could evaluate any problems for clubs who share there greens with another club.
Mobile: 07801 288163 Website: www.mixedbowls.co.uk
Bowls England update - Back2Bowls – Reopening of Club Bars and RestaurantsWe are delighted that many of our clubs have already opened their doors and are confident that the easing of restrictions over the remainder of the 2020 season will provide a great opportunity for clubs to recruit and retain members. Already, clubs have innovated to provide social and competitive opportunities for their community at a time when they need it most. The Government has confirmed that licensed premises, including bowls clubs, are allowed to open from Saturday 4th July in their capacity as bars and restaurants.Key points:• The Government has issued detailed guidance for the reopening of Bars and Restaurants• Clubs should refer to the Government guidance in advance of opening and ensure compliance• Changing rooms should remain closed except for allowing access to toilets and handwashing facilitiesWe have produced a useful checklist to assist those clubs who wish to open their bar and/or restaurant.
(Hon Association Secretary)
Mike Parsons(Hon. Association Secretary)Stevenage & District Mixed Bowls Association
However on the down side, Norton BC informed me that they had to withdraw from the League due to not having enough
members to ensure they could fulfil their league fixtures. I thank them for making that decision early in the season.
I have since been informed by Norton, that they will only be playing friendly matches in the 2018 season due to their
low membership. I sincerely hope they will be able to rejoin the league sometime in the near future.
In view of the difficulties it seems that some clubs have had problems in playing rinks.
In this respect I am proposing that in the 2018 season, the League should be played as Triples.
However if some of the League Clubs have enough members and are playing each other, then they can play rinks
providing they both agree. It would give those clubs, with larger memberships, more chances of their members to play
in League matches. I am mindful that some of the clubs are facing difficult times in attracting new members.
It seems that there has been a lowering of bowls club memberships throughout the County and in fact the Country.
With that in mind I hope that you will all agree with my proposal for the 2018 season.
In the new year I intend to hold a early AGM at the end of February or the beginning of March - venue/final date to be arranged...
Please feel free to give me your thoughts on the above between now and the new year.
I trust you will all have a good Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Best RegardsMike Parsons(Hon. Association Secretary)Stevenage & District Mixed Bowls Association
11.Stevenage Town BC winning 74-50 against Letchworth GC BC (Final)