All those on 50+ points are in a good position with just a little under 2 months left of this record breaking summer season.
The Association Secretary presented the League Trophy & Plaques to the following:-
League Winners - St.lppollitts BC (presented at their presentation evening) & Runners-up Plaque was presented to Stevenage Town BC
Knockout Winners - Stevenage Town BC & Runners-up Plaque was presented to Letchworth Garden City BC.
of the S&D Mixed Bowls Association held on 31st March 2017, which were previously circulated,
were accepted as a true record. Proposed by: D. Harris (Knebworth B.C.), Seconded by: P. Jones (Aston B.C.). The VOTE was Carried Unanimously
a) Overall League winners St.lppollitts BC with 96 points with 50 winning Rinks
Runners-up Stevenage Town BC with 88 points with 39 winning Rinks,
Third place Letchworth Garden City BC with 82 Points with 42 winning Rinks.
b) Stevenage Town BC won the Knockout Competition 74 shots to 50 shots against Letchworth Garden City BC.
The Knockout Final was played 2 rinks home & 2 rinks away this year.
I was unable to visit he clubs on the night as I was myself playing in a competition.
c) For the 2018 season, all clubs should use the website to send all your 2018 match results via the website form.
The website will continue to be the main way of supplying the most up to date information on the League & Knockout competition.The site has been optimised for smart phones & tablet use.
d) If any clubs have photographs of their clubs with bowls in action, please send to me as they can be used on the website.
e) I would like to once again thank Anna Gilbert and Holwell B.C. for the use of their club house for the AGM.
f) Accounts for 2017 were accepted as presented by the Association Secretary.
Proposed by: T. Saunders (St. Ippollitts B.C.), Seconded by: N. Ward (Howard Garden B.C). The VOTE was Carried Unanimously
It is proposed by: Mike Parsons (Association Secretary) that the fees for the 2018 season should again remain at £12 per club.
It was seconded by P. Gilbert (Holwell B.C) The VOTE was Carried Unanimously
Mike Parsons League Secretary - Proposed to the meeting that the mixed league format should be change to 4 Mixed Triples for the 2018 season and future seasons. He said the reason for his proposal was because the majority of the current league clubs were having difficulty in fielding 4 Mixed Fours rinks and did not want to play triples against fours, because of the resulting deductions which would make it more likely games would be cancelled and not played. He said that the league was 32 years old this year and he wanted the league to continue for many more years, with that in mind, Mike gave out a proposed modified set of league rules, which made changes to the existing rules 1, 2 & 17 with the changes in RED, as below.
1. All games to be based on four rinks of three players (Triples). Clubs can mutuality agree, to play their league matches as 4 Rinks Fours, Ideally at would be agreed between each club at the start of the season.2. All games shall be of 18 ends, except if fours are played it would be 21 ends. To start a League Match a coin is to be tossed to decide who has the option of the Jack.17. Clubs can mutuality agree to play their league matches as 4 Mixed Fours, Ideally at the start of the season.
After a long and full discussion on the merits for marking the changes to the mixed league and making it a triples league, it was proposed by P. Hills (Datchworth BC) & Seconded by R. Morton (Willian BC) to accept the modified rules and make the league triples.The VOTE was Carried, 16 for the change and those against 5. It is now confirmed that the mixed league will be triples from now on.
Assocation Clubs are remineded that In the Knockout Compatition, they are required to contact their next opponents when they have won a round, (you should be able to work out who they are from the draw sheet) or if you are unsure contact the Association Secretary. This will ensure that all clubs are given plenty of time to arrange a mutually agreeable playing date. Clubs should not be leaving it to the last week to arrange these fixtures.
Could all clubs please ensure that they pay there Affiliation fees to the associations secretary at the AGM. Also all clubs need to provided him with a copy of your fixtures list before start of the season.
Can we ask you all to check your clubs details on the website and if there are any details that need correcting please let the associations secretary know.
Please don’t forget the association uses this website to post for all news and results for the Mixed Bowls League and Knockout Competition.
Match results & league tables will be updated and posted on the website daily depending on when emails result cards are received.
We can also post any association club news.
- Could all clubs make sure that all League & Knockout Results are emailed to the Associations Secretary via the Websites Send Match Result page.
Date: 22nd November 2017
As most of you are aware, this year was our 31st year of the Mixed League & Knockout Competition. My congratulations go to you all in managing to, in the most part, play most of your league matches. My congratulations also go to all the Winners & Runners-up. We have had a good season overall.
However on the down side, Norton BC informed me that they had to withdraw from the League due to not having enough members to ensure they could fulfil their league fixtures. I thank them for making that decision early in the season. I have since been informed by Norton, that they will only be playing friendly matches in the 2018 season due to their low membership. I sincerely hope they will be able to rejoin the league sometime in the near future. In view of the difficulties it seems that some clubs have had problems in playing rinks. In this respect I am proposing that in the 2018 season, the League should be played as Triples.
However if some of the League Clubs have enough members and are playing each other, then they can play rinks providing they both agree. It would give those clubs, with larger memberships, more chances of their members to play in League matches. I am mindful that some of the clubs are facing difficult times in attracting new members. It seems that there has been a lowering of bowls club memberships throughout the County and in fact the Country. With that in mind I hope that you will all agree with my proposal for the 2018 season. In the new year I intend to hold a early AGM at the end of February or the beginning of March - venue/final date to be arranged...
Please feel free to give me your thoughts on the above between now and the new year.
I trust you will all have a good Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Best RegardsMike ParsonsAssociation SecretaryStevenage & District Mixed Bowls AssociationMobile: 07801 288163 Home: 01438 232318 Website: www.mixedbowls.co.uk
11.Stevenage Town BC winning 74-50 against Letchworth GC BC (Final)
- Apologies for absence were recevied from Paddy Jones (Aston BC)
- The Presentation of the Camera House League Cup & Knockout Shield to the 2015 Winners was made to Holwell BC & Riverain and Runners-up Stevenage Town BC & Knebworth BC.
- Minutes of the last AGM held on the 27th March 2015 (2014 season) were approved as a true record.
- Matters arising from the last AGM. None.
- Matters arising from the 2015 League Season. a) Secretaries Report. b) Accounts for 2015 season were Approved.
- It was agreed that the Affiliation/Entrance Fee's to the Mixed League & Knockout Competition should remain at £12 per club for the 2016 season.
- Knockout Competition Draw for the 2016 season was made and can be viewed Press here
- All clubs were asked to provide a copy of all there league fixtures to the Association Secretary before the start of the season.
- The meeting thanked Secretary for running the assocaition and it competitions.
- All Club present were given a 30th Annversary Plaque to commemorate the leagues 30th Mixed bowls Season.
A full set of the minutes will be sent by email to all association clubs.
Our Congratulations go to Riverain BC members on their fine win